Friday, February 1, 2008

What is the right age to start a business?

Before get into the topic, let me check myself whether I'm the right person to talk about this. May be I'm, because I've started my first business in the age of 19. I've started a computer center, it was also focused on various other internet oriented services(I've planned to write brief article about my business experiences , so little introduction is enough for now.)Immediately after my under graduation. I've already mentioned, that was my first business, so needless to say its turned down a failure. So I think, I can talk about this topic.

What is the right age to start up a business? or Is age is the important factor while consider business start up? The answer may be vary person to person, environment to environment. Let we first analyze the pros and cons of starting a business in the young age and in the old age(In this post I used the term old age to represent the people who are all 35+ ).

Pros:

Young Age

Old Age

1

Eligible to take high risk.

Experience is handy.

2

No family commitments.

Corporate exposure.

3

Innovative ideas.

Matured thinking.

4

Lot of time to experiment

Corporate contacts to achieve things fast.

5

Aggressive to achieve

Patience to do things right.




Cons:

Young Age

Old Age

1

Lack of experience.

Family commitments.

2

Lack of finance.

Lack energy or passion to achieve high.

3

Un stabilized mentality.

Fear to take high risks.

4

Lack of hi-network contacts.

Time constrain.


By seeing this above table, one can easily understand that both the young age and old age have their own merits and demerits when it comes to business. Then what is the more important thing than the above listed item. The magical word is "Attitude". Yes, you have to have the positive attitude to achieve success in the business at any age. Positive attitude will gives you self confidence, sustain even when things go wrong, never tired of trying and so on...

Have positive attitude. Have a success in your business.

3 comments:

WizCoder said...

I seen so many youngster starting business as young as 12yrs old. Disregard age and embrace passion.

Anonymous said...

I'm too favor of starting business in the young age, but definitely not at the age of 12. I think one at least cross age of 18 to think about business, because anyone can start but winning what its matters.

Anonymous said...

I like this post. I'll have to keep it in mind because I plan on running my own business soon. (BTW- I consider myself "older" but not "old" by any means... ha. Let's just say that I've been there and done that.) I know it’ll be challenging, but I’m up for it and will appreciate all the help I could get with the ins and outs of running a business. Instead of starting one from scratch, I've thought of buying a business. Any suggestions? Advice? Thanks.